Monday 19 January 2015

Queen and Adam Lambert LIVE - one of the best nights of my life!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to witness a musical phenomenon, and probably a once in a lifetime opportunity - Queen live in concert. And it was incredible!
Two hours of pure musical bliss. The sound was so clear, electrifying and hypnotising that the almost two and a half hours flew by as if mere two minutes.


When we arrived, the O2 Arena was already filling up to the brim. To our surprise, there was no supporting act and Queen went on stage at a little after 8pm.



At the sound of the first accords coming from Brian May's guitar, the nearly 20 000 people at the Arena erupted in one of the loudest cheers I've ever heard. When Adam Lambert's voice filled the huge hall, the crowd went ballistic.


And, man, can Adam sing! His voice is absolutely phenomenal! I knew he was good - I was a fan even before he started touring with Queen - but hearing him sing live was a whole other experience. I can't think of a better man to stand in for Freddie - Adam owns the stage with his voice, presence and charm, just like Freddie once did.




Adam's voice, along with his numerous costume changes, stole the show for me. Don't get me wrong - the music was flawless, and Roger Taylor's drums duel with his son was fantastic, but the moment Adam stepped off stage, you could feel it.



The show was quite emotional and I could see a few people tear up when the big screens projected Freddie's image, and he sang a few songs with the guys, as if he was actually there. Only he wasn't, and everyone knew it. Everyone was reminded of the genius, the showman Freddie Mercury was, and last night was all about celebrating that, even with a few tears in our eyes.




I'd like to say a huge thank you to the incredible musicians for the unforgettable evening they gave us, and wish them the best of luck with the rest of the tour. I'm sure they'll surpass everyone's expectations wherever they are in the world.
Oh, and Adam? I liked you before but now you've got a fan for life, mate.






1 comment:

  1. Great write up and love the pictures. So glad you enjoyed the concert. I can identify with every word you wrote as I've seen Adam live before Queen and Adam, and had the privilege of seeing them together again last year on the NA tour. Adam just fits so well with Queen music and in my opinion brings new energy to these iconic songs. Seeing Adam sing live is an out of body experience for me and he just keeps getting better. I'm spoiled now and just can't pay to see any other band live but Queen with Adam. Can't wait for Adam's solo tour this summer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete