Monday 19 January 2015

Plans for 2015

I like making plans.
But at the same time, I realise they're PLANS. Which means, anything can happen and the plan may fall through.
Still, I need that reassurance that I'm not just drifting aimlessly through time, but I have some kind of a goal.
So, my plans for 2015 are:


  • Write 6 books. (Ambitions, right? LOL I agree! But I'm dead set on making this happen!)
  • Publish 4 books. (See previous bracketed comment)
  • Blog 2-3 times a week. Every week.
  • Go to as many book cons / author signings / book fairs as I can.
  • Read less, write more. (*sigh* I hate this! But, alas, I love reading so much that if I don't limit the time I'm spending reading, my writing time suffers)
  • Produce at least 2 more audio books. (Dance is such a success as an audio book that I decided to go ahead and make some more :D Mask is already in production)
  • I'll also try to sell foreign rights to some of my other books. In a Heartbeat is about to be released in Brazil any time now, and if I'm happy with sales figures, I'll try to get some of my other books translated and published in other countries.
That's pretty much it on a professional level. On a more personal level, I'm planning on being a YES person. You know, like the YES Man with Jim Carrey? I like spending time alone, and I don't really need anybody else, and that scares me sometimes. I spend way too much time in my own head and I need to get out of there once in a while before I go crazy.
So, I've decided to do stuff, go out even without a reason, meet people, TALK to people, and take every opportunity to widen my horizons - watch movies, read a wide variety of books, see art exhibitions, and so on. 
I'm planning to reinvent myself this year, stretching my comfort zone as much as I can and taking chances.
It's scary but it's also exciting, and I can't wait to see where 2015 will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment