Tuesday 12 August 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Whoever's read Dance knows about a certain scene between Fenix and Adam that Adam kinda crossed a line. That particular scene is featured in Mask from Adam's POV. Here's a little peek ;)


Reaching Jared’s dressing room in an angry trance, Adam banged on the door. Nobody answered. He banged even harder and was ready to kick the door in when it flew open to reveal the man of the hour himself – Fenix fucking Bergman.
“Is Jared here?” Adam asked, unable to keep the resentment out of his voice.
“No. He should be here any minute though,” Fenix said giving him a narrow-eyed look. He was just about to give him some lame excuse and close the door in his face when his eyes fell on the magazine Adam was clutching in his hand. “Oh,” Fenix said as recognition dawned on him. “By the furious scowl you have going on I gather Jared didn’t tell you?”
“No, he didn’t,” Adam snarled as he brushed past Fenix to walk inside. Fenix sighed and closed the door. “What the fuck is he thinking? Declaring he loves you in front of the whole world a few days after you come crawling back?” Adam raged in disbelieve, pacing around the room.
“I don’t think this is any of your business, Adam,” Fenix said in a patronising voice.
Adam wanted to crush his throat and never hear his voice ever again. That guy had ruined his best friend’s life, and Adam couldn’t even begin to understand why Jared had taken him back.
 “I don't care what you fucking think!” Adam erupted, throwing the magazine against the wall. “I know you’re going to leave again because you’re a fucking fame whore. The moment a better opportunity arises you’re going to dump him again, but this time I won't be able to pick up the pieces. I barely managed it last time. So don’t tell me this is none of my business!”
“I’m not going to leave. He’s the reason I came back. You have no idea what I had to do to get back here.” Fenix glared at Adam taking a defensive stance. “I could have stayed on Broadway and my life would have been much easier. I came back because I love Jared and I want to be with him,” he finished, his voice rising. He stepped closer to Adam as if challenging him to disagree.
“Yeah, right,” Adam huffed, and laughed mockingly. “I don't believe that for a second.”
“I don't give a fuck what you believe. Both Jared and I are adults, capable of making our own decisions. You’d better back off,” Fenix said through clenched teeth.
Adam moved closer, not intimidated by Fenix’s anger at the least. Fenix had to look up to meet his eyes when Adam got toe to toe with him, but he didn't back down.
“I wish you would disappear,” Adam said with quiet menace. “I wish I could erase you from his mind and he never remembers you even existed.”
“Why? So that you’d take my place instead?” Fenix shot back. Adam physically recoiled as if he’d been hit. “It doesn’t matter if you wipe his mind blank. He’ll never love you the way he loves me. That’s the issue here, not me. And I think it’s pathetic that you can’t even admit that.”
Black rage covered all of Adam's senses. He couldn’t breathe or think – all he wanted was to hurt Fenix, to make his suffer, to make him pay for what he’d done to Jared.

Drawing his arm back, Adam punched Fenix with all the strength he had in his body. The impact of his fist smashing into Fenix’s jaw cleared Adam's vision and pushed the darkness away. It fucking hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment